Team Concrete Safaris races so youth can transform the world starting in their own backyards with your entry to the New York City Triathlon in 2019.
Funds raised for this event will support our year-round after school and summer program called City Surfers. 7 - 11 - year olds living in and around East Harlem's public housing projects grow over an acre of gardens around their homes, cycle, swim, run, play games, make nature art, practice leadership skills, advocate for health policy change, and generally kick butt!
The lottery sells out each year, so supporting a Charity Partner like Concrete Safaris is your only way in..... Join Team Concrete Safaris by racing as:
1. One individual entry with a $2,000 minimum fundraising goal by race day. You will be responsible for running, cycling, and swimming the entire course, and raising the funds.
2. One team relay entry with a $3,000 minimum fundraising goal by race day. Two - three individuals may run, swim, or race those sections of the course, and each individual will be responsible for raising $1,000 of the goal.
For your participation, you will receive:
1. a rockin' Concrete Safaris logo t-shirt also guaranteed to be a great conversation starter
2. your very own cheering squad comprised of our City Surfers, staff, and volunteers
3. fundraising advice from Concrete Safaris' executive director
4. an online fundraising tool to keep track of your contributions
5. introductions to Team Concrete Safaris, other folks like you who are racing for our kids
6. the opportunity to ditch work or school to cycle or run with our kids during City Surfers either after school or over the summer
7. invites to our regular volunteer days as a celebrity guest to share your experience on Team Concrete Safaris