- Come play outside at a social distance Mondays - Fridays, 2 - 5:30 PM, on East 115th Street from Park to Third Avenues at Concrete Safaris' After School NYC #OpenStreets in partnership with NYC DOT and NYPD 23rd Precinct.
- NYCHA resident gardeners and volunteers are now welcome to grow food at Mad Fun Farm at Washington Houses and Jefferson Gardens at Jefferson Houses in groups of 9 or less. Register here.
- Youth and families are being served remotely for after school and referral services at this time. Contact us M - F from 10AM - 6PM at 646.869.1503.
- For all program-related questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concrete Safaris' physical office at 158 East 115th Street is closed until further notice. CS is receiving mail. You can make a donation by mail or on our website.
- You must wear a mask for all CS programming and gloves for garden-based programs for the foreseeable future. Let's all do our part to keep ourselves, our community, and CS Staff safe!
- Thank you for your patience during this challenging time, and we wish you and yours the best of health and safety!
Our outdoor, year-round classrooms foster each child's potential by giving them a place to dream and do within a safe and natural environment, which they help create.
Green Exercise Days
Green Exercise Days are an outdoor field trip opportunity serving K-12. Register your classes for trips this school year.
Outdoor Leadership Academy
An internship program for 14-24-year-olds divided into three cohorts -- gardening, outdoor play, and health promotion. Interns may start working with Concrete Safaris during the school year or summer time.
JungleGym 2020 Plans Are In The Works
We'll let you know where and when soon. This year, we are inviting local schools and NYCHA developments to bring JungleGym to your students, families, and neighbors. If you are interested in partnering, please contact us. In the meantime, get outside and active with friends, family, or solo to prepare your mind and body for the challenges.